Weekend for Water is coming!
Water is life, and Oregonians consistently rank it as their top environmental priority. Oregon has more rivers designated as wild and scenic than any other state. People travel from across the nation to raft our wild waters and fish for salmon or trout. Our thriving agricultural industry depends on clean and plentiful water, as do our wildlife, cities, industries, and everyone who lives here. Yet our waterways (rivers, lakes, and wetlands) are at risk.
You can make a difference. Take your friends for a pint at a local brewery on January 30th or 31st on the Weekend for Water. A portion of proceeds will go to support watershed protection and the water quality required for crafting exceptional Oregon beer.
Ask for details at these participating breweries:
- Arch Rock Brewing (Gold Beach)
- Culmination Brewing (Portland)
- Cascade Brewing Company (Portland)
- Gigantic Brewing Company (Portland)
- Laurelwood Brewing (Portland)
- McMenamins Brewing (All of Oregon)
- Ninkasi Brewing Company (Eugene) – Ninkasi is participating on January 28
- Oakshire Brewing Company (Eugene)
- Standing Stone Brewing Company (Ashland)
- Uptown Market (Lake Oswego)
- Widmer Brothers (Portland)
- Worthy Brewing (Bend)
For over 40 years, both OEC and Oregon wild have worked to protect Oregon’s waterways. From safeguarding Portland’s drinking water in the Bull Run/Little Sandy forest watersheds (Oregon Wild) to creating a statewide community-based Pesticide Stewardship Program to measure and reduce pesticides in our waters (OEC), both Oregon Wild and OEC are leading voices for common-sense conservation of our waters and the fish and wildlife that call them home.