We bring Oregonians together to protect our water, air and land with healthy solutions that work for today and for future generations.
Founded in 1968 by concerned Oregonians from across the state, we are a membership-based, nonpartisan nonprofit.
We create innovative change:
- We bring Oregonians together
- We strive for equitable environmental policies and practices
- We work with businesses, farmers and health providers so that all may thrive
- We work with elected officials to create protective public policy
Our strategic goals include:
- Climate protection to safeguard our communities and economies
- Clean and plentiful water to support people, fish and wildlife, and rural and urban businesses
- Toxic-free environments to protect human health, starting with children’s health
More about us:
- Our fiscal and organizational health
- Work with us! Find out about job opportunities here.
- Questions? We’d love to hear from you.
“Oregon Environmental Council is doing extraordinarily important work to help advocate for a cleaner, healthier, more environmentally friendly future in the Pacific Northwest.”Great Nonprofits Review
“Simply put, Oregon would not be the great place to live in that it is without Oregon Environmental Council.”Great Nonprofits Review
“I have tracked their success’ over the years and I’ve noticed that their particular skill is bringing people together to make things happen. The everchanging environmental agenda, along with a fluid political scene requires skill, tact, commitment and long hours of work all of which they seem to do gladly and efficiently. Oregon is well rewarded by their record of success”Great Nonprofits Review
“One of OEC’s most admirable qualities is the skill with which the organization builds statewide and regional coalitions—bringing together stakeholders from diverse backgrounds and with often diverging interests—to successfully address pressing environmental challenges.”Great Nonprofits Review
“I have worked with the Oregon Environmental Council for more than 30 years as a volunteer. I also served on the board for 6+ years. This is a great organization with dedicated and talented staff, strong leadership and innovative approaches to difficult environmental issues.”Great Nonprofits Review